Sunday, March 1, 2009

Go Veggie challenge, day 1



I've decided to embark on a new go veggie challenge for the entire month of march, primarily for health reasons & my cute little ones. After being diagnosed with cancer about a year ago, I really haven't taken very good care of myself, definitely not like a cancer survivor should. So I decided to "go all out" (well most of the way) for a month, document how I feel, weight loss, asthma improvement etc. I'll be my own little science experiment. Here's my goals:
  • 99% vegan diet. I mean that I will mostly stick to a vegan diet, but I won't sweat the small stuff like a little milk in bread, for example. All animal protein causes cancer cell growth!
  • Incorporate as much low fat raw food as possible (i.e. fruits & veggies). Cancer cells love fat.
  • Very little refined sugar. Ugh! definitely the most difficult part. I will allow sugar from whole foods & other natural non-animal natural sources (in moderation). Cancer cells love sugar.
  • Lots of H2O to flush the toxins.
  • Skin brushing followed by running on my rebounder for 15 minutes. Skin brushing stimulates you lymphatic system, then rebounding flushes it.

I did O.K. today no animal products, lots of water, very little refined sugar.

Starting weight 164.

Used inhaler 3 or 4 times.

See ya tomorrow!

No comments: